Unknown Disease – United States
Eight people became ill after eating at a Chipotle Mexican Grill near Denver.
The disease is foodborne. The case has not been identified yet, but the symptoms seem to be consistent with viral gastroentritis, which is often caused by norovirus. The infected suffered from vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, low-grade fever and body aches.
So far, eight people have been identified as infected. An eight-year-old girl was admitted to urgent care for severe dehydration.
Photo: Artist rendering of a pathogen.
While you are here, help us with
Access to Diagnostics
Much of today’s innovation is either not reaching or not suitable for people in developing countries.
Access to Essential Drugs
One third of children, women and men have no access to essential medicines, putting lives at risk.
Data to Improve Health
Faster and reactive systems to help provide lifesaving support to vulnerable communities.
Support our work. It only takes a minute but makes a world of difference!
With your help we can bring modern diagnostics and essential medicines to people in need, track disease outbreaks better and help prevent future pandemics.