Undiagnosed Food-borne disease – Russia
Two women were poisoned in Chelyabinsk, Russia after consuming compote.
An 80-year-old woman died at hospital after she and her 28-year-old granddaughter were hospitalised with signs of poisoning.
The 28-year-old woman survived and is now under medical supervision.
Ongoing investigations into the liquid the women drank are being carried out by law enforcement.
Photo: Artist rendering of a pathogen.
While you are here, help us with
Access to Essential Drugs
One third of children, women and men have no access to essential medicines, putting lives at risk. Hospitals frequently run out of medicines and other essential supplies. Our Med-Aid program connects hospitals with aid and ensures that they receive exactly what they need.
Access to Diagnostics
Much of today’s innovation is either not reaching or not suitable for people in developing countries.
Data to Improve Health
Faster and reactive systems to help provide lifesaving support to vulnerable communities.
Support our work. It only takes a minute but makes a world of difference!
With your help we can bring modern diagnostics and essential medicines to people in need, track disease outbreaks better and help prevent future pandemics.