Undiagnosed Food-borne disease – India

A 16-year-old girl died after eating a chicken item from a hotel in Kerala’s Kasargod, while 31 others, who had consumed food from the same restaurant on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, were admitted to various hospitals in the district with food poisoning symptoms.

The hotel, functioning without proper license from the department, has been sealed.

Photo: Artist rendering of a pathogen.

Follow us

While you are here, help us with

Access to Essential Drugs

One third of children, women and men have no access to essential medicines, putting lives at risk. Hospitals frequently run out of medicines and other essential supplies. Our Med-Aid program connects hospitals with aid and ensures that they receive exactly what they need.

Access to Diagnostics

Much of today’s innovation is either not reaching or not suitable for people in developing countries.

Data to Improve Health

Faster and reactive systems to help provide lifesaving support to vulnerable communities.

Support our work. It only takes a minute but makes a world of difference!

With your help we can bring modern diagnostics and essential medicines to people in need, track disease outbreaks better and help prevent future pandemics.