Undiagnosed Food-borne disease – India
55 people fell ill in Wazwan, Jammu Kashmir on Saturday due to suspected food poisoning from mutton.
Health officials and locals said that soon after the villagers ate the food at a wedding, they reported symptoms of vomiting, dysentery, and fever.
Some of them received treatment at Sub District Hospital Kupwara with another 30 people who had similar symptoms be admitted the next day.
Photo: Artist rendering of a pathogen.
While you are here, help us with
Access to Essential Drugs
One third of children, women and men have no access to essential medicines, putting lives at risk. Hospitals frequently run out of medicines and other essential supplies. Our Med-Aid program connects hospitals with aid and ensures that they receive exactly what they need.
Access to Diagnostics
Much of today’s innovation is either not reaching or not suitable for people in developing countries.
Data to Improve Health
Faster and reactive systems to help provide lifesaving support to vulnerable communities.
Support our work. It only takes a minute but makes a world of difference!
With your help we can bring modern diagnostics and essential medicines to people in need, track disease outbreaks better and help prevent future pandemics.