Undiagnosed Food-borne disease – India

Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on reddit
Share on email

A family of four died of suspected food poisoning in Chitradurga district, India. They fell ill after a dinner of ragi mudde (vegetable balls), rice and sambar (a South Indian stew made with lentils).

One family member, their son, is still being treated at the hospital.

Food samples have been collected for tests.

Photo: Artist rendering of a pathogen.

Follow us

While you are here, help us with

Access to Essential Drugs

One third of children, women and men have no access to essential medicines, putting lives at risk. Hospitals frequently run out of medicines and other essential supplies. Our Med-Aid program connects hospitals with aid and ensures that they receive exactly what they need.

Access to Diagnostics

Much of today’s innovation is either not reaching or not suitable for people in developing countries.

Data to Improve Health

Faster and reactive systems to help provide lifesaving support to vulnerable communities.

Support our work. It only takes a minute but makes a world of difference!

With your help we can bring modern diagnostics and essential medicines to people in need, track disease outbreaks better and help prevent future pandemics.